7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
Most inexpensive would be my carmex.
Most expensive would be Obagi skincare.
2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I hate, and love, eyebrow pencils.
3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
Without a doubt my most delicious product is Tree Hut Coconut Lime lotion. It smells AMAZING. It’s just an all around great product.
4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
I almost never do a morning routine. I never forget sunscreen but Vitamin C or other -ides…I just almost never do. I’m not a morning person.
5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
6. LUST: What product do you have to have?
So many things but currently Kat Von D’s highlighting palette.
7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
I would take any makeup product from perfume to lipstick to eye shadow. I love it all.
Isn’t getting new jewelry fun!!!
Kohl’s is a great place for deals. For this haul I had a gift certificate and several stackable coupons. My total out of pocket was $20. I got several Jennifer Lopez pieces. If you’ve been wanting to see the deliciousness that her line is, watch my video.
Kohl’s Jewelry Haul
I think you’ll especially like my #strangegifts.
When I saw this shower caddy I went nuts. Maybe not nuts but I knew I had to have it. I was NOT disappointed.
I love all things blingy and shiny. Plus, matches my bathroom perfectly.
I bought the trash can at Target or Walmart. The shower curtain, which matches it perfectly, came with the house. All three of them just go together wonderfully; beautifully.
Two features I loved: There is a rubber grip at the neck of the caddy so that it doesn’t move around when it gets wet.
There is a suction cup at the bottom. This thing isn’t moving.
The one thing I was bummed about was that I have a soap dish right where the caddy should go so that it doesn’t hang straight. I’m still using it. It’s currently filled up with beauty products. (Mostly homemade by my teen for my birthday and Christmas.)
In case you are interested: Shower Caddy with Pave diamonds
It seems that all of the reviews I find online for Younique products are the people selling it. Which makes sense. Those people started selling them because they love them.
I thought I’d give Younique Liquid Foundation a try to see how it wears on mature skin.
It actually held up quite well. I had a few problems but over all it works great.
Watch my video to hear the pros and cons and see pictures of how it wears throughout the day.
Briefly, here is the biggest con and my favorite pro:
Con: Streaky and takes a long time to blend out.
Pro: So easy to apply (except for taking a bit to blend.)
My skin looks flawless (except for one tiny part of my skin around my mouth).
This is #notanad. I bought this product myself.
Watch the video at Mascara to Midnight.
1. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Elf
2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list? Nice
3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas photo.
4. Have you ever had a White Christmas? Yes, the year was 2009 and it was a Snowmageddon. Jeff got stuck at work and Christmas had to be postponed.
5. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute? Yes. All year ’round. I shop as often as I can so I have less to do when Advent starts.
6. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be? Elf because I love the way he decorates. And he eats sweets all day long.
8. Name all of Santa’s reindeer. Dasher, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph
9. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it? Generally, early October. The kids do most of the actual work but we are all together while they do it. Mostly I just take pictures.
10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? Fake
12. Peeking at gifts or be surprised? Always surprised. I love surprises.
13. Show us your ugly Christmas sweater if you have one. There’s a good gift for me. But let’s make it an ugly Tshirt.
14. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be? Jeff
15. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make? We do fudge, no bake cookies and a pumpkin roll every year. I make it with the kids’ help.
16. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? Pro, all the way.
17. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling? Once, many years ago, with my church.
18. What tops your tree? Nothing actually
19. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them? I make goals and I do my best to achieve them.
20. You have been granted one Christmas wish…what will it be? A new camera…and a cure for cancer.
To see my video response to this, and a bunch of pictures, go to Mascara to Midnight.
You don’t want to miss today’s video if you are a fan of Advent of like I am. I talk about my top three favorite Advent activities.
My top three favorite Advent activities
My teenage daughter has pretty bad acne. I had her try this for a few days. Here is what she said from Oct 1:
“The Dr Song acne facial wash seems to be doing okay. I’ve only been using it for a couple of days, so I don’t see a big difference from the benzoyl peroxide I’ve been using.
As I kind of expected, the wash is drying out my skin. It was visibly dry and felt quite dry too. A quick facial scrub helped to get it under control.
The only thing I dislike is the smell. It’s very faint, but displeasing. As it doesn’t linger past the first few seconds, it isn’t too bad.
So far, it’s been a good product. I’d probably buy it again.”
Her usual routine is benzoyl peroxide twice a day, every day. (If you have very bad acne and are trying to clear it up, I recommend watching Wayne Goss on Youtube and about clearing up acne. It really WORKS.) As long as she uses it every single day, twice a day, her acne isn’t that bad. But if she cuts back or runs out, it comes back in full force.
It sounds like this wash does exactly the same thing as the cream/lotion does.
And now almost two months later:
“If I constantly use it, (no forgetting, no skipping and just applying benzoyl peroxide) it’s working fine. I’m able up keep it at bay.”
Join me over on Youtube for a chat about so many things: makeup, weather, kids, Sonic.
Then I’ll show you the goodies I got from Lilla Rose for joining as a stylist.
Find my video here: Chit Chat
This is a fun hair style to do. You braid it in front, then you flip it over your head.
Go here to see the hairstyle in action.